About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am a Hopeful Bride of Christ and I long for the day I can dedicate all of my life to Him. I have been actively discerning religious life for about 4 years now and I have been accepted to enter the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church. I hope to begin formation soon and beg your prayers that my student loans do not keep me from entering. With your help and prayers I hope that my entrance to the SMMC will soon be reality. Rest assured that you are all in my thoughts and prayers - most especially those young men and women discerning their vocations, whether to the religious life, priesthood or married life. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I continue this journey toward Him.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

No more, no more. My plate is full

I have wanted to do the 54-day Rosary Novena for about forever and a day now and I just realized that I was supposed to start it yesterday to have it end on a Marian Feast day.  Well Phooey!  I now have to wait to do it so that the Novena ends on the feast of the Annunciation.  Sigh, I guess I will just have to wait until the right time. 


I think this is a sign that I am way too busy and I have too many emails to check.  I chickened out and did not get to tell the DRE that I will not be able to teach for the fall.  I mean what was I supposed to say when she brought this adorable little boy to me so he could "meet his teacher"?  A part of me just feels like this was totally planned on her part to make sure I don't drop out, lol.  I must say that I am looking forward to teaching again this coming year because every year the kids are different and it is just wonderful to see them grow in just an academic year.


So it looks like it is not part of God's will for me to scale back from teaching this year.  Man sometimes I wish I could just stop being so involved with parish ministries but I can't seem to help myself.  Well scratch that, my friend and I were going to join this group and today we both decided that we didn't need to get any more involved than we are right now so it would appear that I am learning to say no and am becoming more aware of my limits.


I am working on finishing my course (Introduction to Scripture I) before the fall term begins because I will be teaching a course at the college where I work and will be enrolled in a philosophy course; this is all on top of being involved with Youth group and Religious Education.  Please keep me in your prayers that I may survive it all without falling down from exhaustion.


p.s.  Please Keep my friends J and L in your prayers.  They are expecting (J lost her first baby about 3 years ago when the baby stopped growing after the first trimester) L was severely sick the 6th week due to very bad food poisoning.


Pax,
Hopeful

No comments:

Post a Comment