About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am a Hopeful Bride of Christ and I long for the day I can dedicate all of my life to Him. I have been actively discerning religious life for about 4 years now and I have been accepted to enter the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church. I hope to begin formation soon and beg your prayers that my student loans do not keep me from entering. With your help and prayers I hope that my entrance to the SMMC will soon be reality. Rest assured that you are all in my thoughts and prayers - most especially those young men and women discerning their vocations, whether to the religious life, priesthood or married life. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I continue this journey toward Him.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Plea for help

Today’s post is not going to be my usual ramblings and random thoughts but rather a plea for your assistance. Please pass this along to your friends, family and even your parish family to help me make my entrance to the SMMC a reality.

I have sold my car in an effort to maximize the amount of money I put toward my student loans and I have been making and selling rosaries at my local catholic store in an effort to raise more funds. Unfortunately I need to do even more in order to make my entrance to my future community a reality. Thankfully, the Labouré Society is working with me and I plan on applying to the Mater Ecclesiae Fund for Vocations for assistance.

The Mater Ecclesiae Fund for Vocations is a non-profit organization that helps those entering religious life pay their student loan debt, this is a grant program that relies heavily on donations and as such they cannot help everyone; last year I applied and could not be granted due to the heavy demands.  I am going to reapply again and hope to be selected as a grantee; In addition to the amount of debt an applicant has, one aspect they look at is how active the applicant is in helping themselves.

This is where you can help! I am looking for as many folks who are able to donate here in my name! ANY amount is perfect, $1, $5, $10, $100 or whatever you can do! If you are not able to help, please pass this on and ask your friends and family to pass it on to whomever they know of who wish to support vocations in the Church.  In addition to asking for you financial support, I beg your continued prayers as I continue my walk with God.

If you can think of any other resource that I might look into for further assistance, please leave me a comment or send me an email with some additional information.  I am trying to get some assistance from my local K of C and Serra club.  Unfortunately there is not much they can do financially but they have promised to help with fundraising by assisting with dinners etc.  Thank you for your time and prayers! Remember, donations to the Labouré Society are tax deductible.  If you wish to donate, please Click here now to do so! Don’t forget to put my name, Dyna in the comments section!

If you want to learn more about my journey, you can read my vocation story by clicking here. I am also selling handmade rosaries online; if you wish to buy something instead of/in addition to giving you can do so by going to my website, Inspired Treasures.

God Bless you and your family!
Hopeful

To make a donation in my name, visit: http://labouresociety.org/options/ 
To read my vocation story visit:  This link
To purchase one of my rosaries or: www.rosarieschaplets.com
To learn about the Labouré Society visit: http://labouresociety.org/
To learn more about the MEFV visit: http://fundforvocations.org/
To learn about the SMMC visit: www.sistersofmarymc.org  

6 comments:

  1. Sending prayers your way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just including "Dyna" is going to direct donations to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Elizabeth and thanks for dropping a line. Yes, putting Dyna in the comments would direct donations to my cause. Thank you so much and please share with any friends or family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you! I am outside the US but interested in helping you respond to your vocation. The "online donation" link on the Laboure Society page is down right now but I will be back. I know of the SMMC and they are beautiful! God bless! +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina,

    Thank you very much for your kindness and generosity. Please continue to keep me in your prayers.

    Pax,
    Hopeful

    ReplyDelete