About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am a Hopeful Bride of Christ and I long for the day I can dedicate all of my life to Him. I have been actively discerning religious life for about 4 years now and I have been accepted to enter the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church. I hope to begin formation soon and beg your prayers that my student loans do not keep me from entering. With your help and prayers I hope that my entrance to the SMMC will soon be reality. Rest assured that you are all in my thoughts and prayers - most especially those young men and women discerning their vocations, whether to the religious life, priesthood or married life. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I continue this journey toward Him.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New year, same goal

Happy New Year everyone!

I cannot believe it's 2012 already.  It seems like just yesterday I was ringing in 2011 and making resolutions for the new year.  I've thought about the resolutions that I could make for 2012 and what I think needs to be changed in order for me to become the woman God wants me to be.

Over the past years I have fallen short of my resolutions before the week was even out.  This led to discouragement and eventually giving up on my goals.  This is especially true for spiritual matters, I would vow to say certain prayers daily spend a certain amount of time in adoration and of course regular reception of the Eucharist.

I think after all of these years I have learned a little bit about making resolutions.  They aren't bad in and of themselves, however I have found that when I focus on my resolutions I tend to forget the reason I make those silly resolutions, it's to grow close to Jesus and to become a better Christian.

This year I am making one resolution, to continue to make every effort to live my faith from minute to minute and from day to day.  I am finally learning not to focus too much on my fall but to wake up the next morning determined to live my faith anew.

As you ring in the new year and think of ways that you may grow in your faith, I am keeping you in my prayers and ask you to keep me in yours.

Happy New Year!!!
Hopeful

2 comments:

  1. I'm taking the same approach this year - no overzealous resolutions, just a renewed commitment to strive to please the Lord in all things, to prefer Him and choose Him above all things. I just got word from my bishop that he's approved my petition to receive the Consecration of a Virgin Living in the World this June, so please pray for me in a special way during these last 6 months of my formation. I continue to keep you in my prayers!

    Your sister in Jesus + Mary,
    Charity

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful Charity! I will definitely be keeping you in prayers.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete