About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am a Hopeful Bride of Christ and I long for the day I can dedicate all of my life to Him. I have been actively discerning religious life for about 4 years now and I have been accepted to enter the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church. I hope to begin formation soon and beg your prayers that my student loans do not keep me from entering. With your help and prayers I hope that my entrance to the SMMC will soon be reality. Rest assured that you are all in my thoughts and prayers - most especially those young men and women discerning their vocations, whether to the religious life, priesthood or married life. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I continue this journey toward Him.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Virtue of Patience

It's been over a week since my last post and with things being so busy at work the time has flown by.  However, it has not gone by fast enough for me to lose sight of the fact that I am still waiting to hear from Mother about my entrance.  With joyful anxiety, I check the mail every day and eagerly answer my phone hoping to hear news from her.

As I reflect on the season of Advent, I think of the joy that is to come as we await the arrival of our Lord.  I am reminded every day of the need to be patient.  As I grow in my faith, I focus on growing in the virtues; especially the virtues of temperance and patience.  We all need to grow in the virtues; however I am sure in doing a deep self-examen we will find that there are particular virtues that we are most in need of.

Awaiting an official answer from mother is a gentle and sometimes painful reminder of the need for patience.  It all boils to trusting in the Lord which has been the theme for my discernment and my life.  The more I worry about where the Lord wants me to serve Him, the more I realize that I need to continue to trust in the plans that He has for me.

So as I pray and eagerly wait the arrival of our Lord, I also pray and await a response from the sisters and I look forward to the joys that I will experience when I learn where I am to live my yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment