About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am a Hopeful Bride of Christ and I long for the day I can dedicate all of my life to Him. I have been actively discerning religious life for about 4 years now and I have been accepted to enter the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church. I hope to begin formation soon and beg your prayers that my student loans do not keep me from entering. With your help and prayers I hope that my entrance to the SMMC will soon be reality. Rest assured that you are all in my thoughts and prayers - most especially those young men and women discerning their vocations, whether to the religious life, priesthood or married life. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I continue this journey toward Him.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Using alternative means

After hours of reading on how to do it I managed to get a Donate button on my blog.  Though my entrance to the SMMCs is almost a year away, I am doing all I can now to reduce my loans.  I have been very aggressive in my repayment efforts and have managed to get the amount under $50,000.00 which is a very BIG accomplishment.  I am hoping to completely eliminate the remaining amount in time to enter (I definitely need your help for this).  I don't quite know how but I fully trust that I will enter in due time.

I knew that my student loans would be an impediment to entrance from the moment I started my discernment but yet I had this trust in the Lord that held me from worrying about it.  This trust allowed me to move forward in my discernment in order to be open to God's will for me.  However, as I got closer to finding a community and making necessary preparations I realized that trust alone would not be enough to eliminate my loans.  I would also need to work harder at getting rid of those loans.

It has taken me great humility and even greater trust in the Lord to do what must be done and to ask the faithful for their help in living out my fiat.  I continue to be amazed by the wonderful graces that the Lord has afforded me, He has been sooo wonderful to me in a way that I surely don't deserve.  I continue to ask for your prayers as I look to the day when I will get to fully live out my vocation.

Please consider making a donation as you are able (no matter how small) and/or sharing this post with three (or more) friends/family members.  If you know anyone in your parish, work or school who is open to supporting vocations in the church, please share with them.

I continue to hold you all in my prayers and beg your continues prayers.  

In Christ Our Hope,
Hopeful

No comments:

Post a Comment