About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am a Hopeful Bride of Christ and I long for the day I can dedicate all of my life to Him. I have been actively discerning religious life for about 4 years now and I have been accepted to enter the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church. I hope to begin formation soon and beg your prayers that my student loans do not keep me from entering. With your help and prayers I hope that my entrance to the SMMC will soon be reality. Rest assured that you are all in my thoughts and prayers - most especially those young men and women discerning their vocations, whether to the religious life, priesthood or married life. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I continue this journey toward Him.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pray With me

As some of you may be aware I have been Storming Heaven heavily for the past couple of months because I strongly desire to start formation next summer and with the hefty amount of my loans, I will need more help than just paying a bit extra every month.  I am currently doing a Novena to St. Francis Xavier and this morning started a Novena to the Immaculate Conception (how could I resist when the Blessed Mother is so dear to my heart?) I also thought it was perfect since the 8th of December is the day of my consecration (I am consecrating myself to her as well, in the example set by St. Louis de Montfort)

I invite you to join me in prayer - perhaps you have something that you really need Mary's assistance with or maybe you have a friend or family member you wish to pray for.  I also invite you to send me any of your intentions and I will be more than happy to add them to mine.

First, recite the Prayer to the Immaculate Conception. Then, recite the appropriate prayer of each of the nine days.

PRAYER TO THE
IMMACULATE CONCEPTION

O God,  who by the Immaculate Conception
of the Blessed Virgin Mary,
did prepare a worthy dwelling place for Your Son,
we beseech You that, as by the foreseen death of this, Your Son, You did preserve Her from all stain,
so too You would permit us, purified through Her intercession,  to come unto You.
Through the same Lord Jesus Christ,  Your Son, who lives and reigns with You in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God, world without end.

Amen.

Day One
 
O most Holy Virgin, who was pleasing to the Lord and became His mother, immaculate in body and spirit, in faith and in love, look kindly on me as I implore your powerful intercession. O most Holy Mother, who by your blessed Immaculate Conception, from the first moment of your conception did crush the head of the enemy, receive our prayers as we implore you to present at the throne of God the favor we now request...

(State your intention here...) 
 
O Mary of the Immaculate Conception, Mother of Christ, you had influence with your Divine Son while upon this earth; you have the same influence now in heaven. Pray for us and obtain for us from him the granting of my petition if it be the Divine Will. 

Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment