About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am a Hopeful Bride of Christ and I long for the day I can dedicate all of my life to Him. I have been actively discerning religious life for about 4 years now and I have been accepted to enter the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church. I hope to begin formation soon and beg your prayers that my student loans do not keep me from entering. With your help and prayers I hope that my entrance to the SMMC will soon be reality. Rest assured that you are all in my thoughts and prayers - most especially those young men and women discerning their vocations, whether to the religious life, priesthood or married life. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I continue this journey toward Him.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Birthday in the Convent

Yesterday was day two of my visit with the sisters and it also happened to be my birthday.  I was so excited to spend my birthday with the sisters that I didn't care whether or not they knew.  Well, it turned out that Mother Kathryn knew and she made sure the other sisters knew too.  After prayers, she wished me a happy birthday and after mass the other sisters joined in and they sang me happy birthday.  Though that was satisfying enough for me, two of the sisters surprised me and took me to Starbucks! 

We had dinner early because of meetings all throughout the rest of the day so dinner was earlier than usual.  Before dinner, Mother and the sisters surprised me again!  She presented me with a small gift bag that contained a beautiful card and a very nice candle.  I was able to have dinner with most of the sisters and afterwards we chatted a bit over dishes. 

Before I knew it, the time came for me to retie to my room and I fell asleep so soundly.  I am still trying to find the best time to fall asleep so that I do not wake up too early (3:00 a.m. pacific) 

Tonight the sisters have a fundraising dinner that is held in collaboration with the Knights of Columbus.  Please keep them in your prayers that it may be successful and that those in attendance will grow closer to the Lord through the sisters' witness.  I will be sure to keep you posted on how the rest of my visit is going.

More to come.

In Christ,
Hopeful

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Hopeful!

    Catching up on your blog today (I've also been trying not to spend so much time online this Lent) I was OVERJOYED to read the good news about your acceptance! What a blessing! I will certainly continue to keep you in prayer, and when I get the chance, I'll shoot you an e-mail (I think I still have your e-mail) about one of the ways God is blessing me this Lent... I think you might be interested in hearing about it.

    Enjoy your time with the sisters!

    Charity

    ReplyDelete