About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am a Hopeful Bride of Christ and I long for the day I can dedicate all of my life to Him. I have been actively discerning religious life for about 4 years now and I have been accepted to enter the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church. I hope to begin formation soon and beg your prayers that my student loans do not keep me from entering. With your help and prayers I hope that my entrance to the SMMC will soon be reality. Rest assured that you are all in my thoughts and prayers - most especially those young men and women discerning their vocations, whether to the religious life, priesthood or married life. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I continue this journey toward Him.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 is here

Happy New Year and Solemnity of our Lady!

I missed mass today because I woke up late and I wasn't even able to go to adoration, I didn't like how the new year started at all.  I do my hour in adoration tomorrow and boy have I missed sitting in front of the Blessed Sacrament.  During my travels during these past weeks I have not had the chance to go in for adoration; either because the parish didn't have adoration or because I had no transportation to get to adoration. 

I know the new year is all about making resolutions and I didn't think about making any.  However, in the spirit of the new year I have been thinking about a few things that I would like to do. 
  • Sit in front of the Blessed Sacrament every day (even if it's for 20 mn)
  • Get closer to the saints, especially St. Teresa of Avila and St. Simon (my patron for this year)
  • Stop being so hard on myself, especially when it comes to my spiritual battles.  I am finding that when I fail the Lord, I tend to get myself in a downward spiral that never ends.
  • Focus on the graces the Lord has given me more so than my failures
  • Gain ten pounds :)
I am hoping that these things lead to a closer and deeper relationship with the Lord and make me a more grateful daughter to him.  I also hope that I can continue to stay focused on my gifts and stay faithful to my vocation.

You are all in my prayers as we enter this new year and I ask you to please keep me in yours.

In Christ,
HB

No comments:

Post a Comment