About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am a Hopeful Bride of Christ and I long for the day I can dedicate all of my life to Him. I have been actively discerning religious life for about 4 years now and I have been accepted to enter the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church. I hope to begin formation soon and beg your prayers that my student loans do not keep me from entering. With your help and prayers I hope that my entrance to the SMMC will soon be reality. Rest assured that you are all in my thoughts and prayers - most especially those young men and women discerning their vocations, whether to the religious life, priesthood or married life. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I continue this journey toward Him.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

On remaining close to the Lord

In the past couple of months, I have found that the "fire" that burned deep inside of me for Christ has dimmed.  This brings me great sadness as I want nothing more than to feel His constant presence.  I do know however that much of this is due to the fact that I have not been keeping close to Him.  I didn't realize until now how much of a presence He was in my life.  However, due to my stumbles I have allowed myself to get further away from Him.  This is nothing but the sinfulness of pride getting in the way.  

In my moments of weakness, I should run to you Lord rather than turn away.  Lord, be with me in my times of failure.  I pray that I continue to focus on you rather than my falls.  I know Lord that what leads me to this spiritual desert is my continued distancing from you.  Please Lord keep me close to you; in all that I do, please help me to remain forever faithful to you and forever yours.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment